Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog

1) Courtney Lawson

2) Change the world

3) Help people to reach their unique potential

4) Woodworking, Cooking, Hunting, Fishing, Swimming


My name is Courtney Lawson but you can call me Court. I grew up in Carolina, Alabama; Population 299 according to the 2012 census. I grew up in a trailer with my mom, dad and brother until 2007. In 2007 the loans came through and my parents began to build their dream home on the land that we cleared next to my uncle's property. I have always been very close with my brother (four years younger). In fact, I got in my first fight the day someone made fun of his speech impediment at the "choo-choo train park." I'm finally at the age that I also have a great relationship with my parents which wasn't at all the case. If I had taken this class two years ago I would not have been able to say that. I have always had a huge passion for building things and worked in my gradnpa's wood shop with him until 2012. The woods are my favorite place so I spend a lot of time hunting, fishing and swimming. I always loved to cook which worked out great because my family loves to eat. We just have an overall appreciation of good food (cooking it, sharing it, eating it). Any-who, I came to the big city of Mobile to attend South Alabama on scholarship. I lost that scholarship but that's another story.

What I want more than anything is to change the world. I was taught growing up to always leave things better than you found them. That isn't going to be easy since I found this world in the 90's and the 90's were awesome. That is why I am going to be a teacher. Loving and teaching children is like loving and teaching the future. I'm here to learn to do that better. I want to be the kind of teacher that students think about 15 years later when they are choosing their profession. "I am going to be a _____ and I can ba a ____ because of Mrs. Lawson." Maybe it's expecting too much to think I can change a child's life but I don't think so. I think that is our job as educators no matter what century it is. We are artists and engineers building and creating opportunists to take care of our world after we're gone. So, here I am and here we go.


antique globe

1 comment: